Tuesday, May 25, 2010

What I learned about research...

During this class (ENG 101) I learned a ton of new ways to research. I used to hate it when teachers would require book sources for our works cited. But now with sites like LexisNexis and Google Books, I can find the information I need without having to dig through a pile of stuff that does not pertain to my topic. This especially helped when we started revising our final papers. I could find new information and see things from a different angle then with the sources I was getting from just “Googling” my topic. It’s kind of crazy that for years I was using pretty lame sources for all my papers all the while there was this whole new world of research waiting for me. With these easy to navigate sites, I am not dreading (well, sort of) the idea of having to use books and scholarly journals as cites.

1 comment:

  1. LexisNexis is amazing! (took me until college to find these fab sites too)

    ReplyDelete